Skilled Legal Defender Handles Texas Felony and Misdemeanor Cases
Weatherford attorney provides individualized attention to each client
Whether you are facing a felony or a misdemeanor charge, you deserve a knowledgeable defense lawyer who fights to defend your freedom. At the Kernan Law Firm, P.C. in Weatherford, I am an accomplished litigator with 20 years of experience trying cases as a prosecutor and on behalf of Texas defendants. I provide caring counsel in a wide range of matters ranging from felonies such as homicide and aggravated assault to misdemeanors including drunk driving. I work closely with each client to develop a thorough strategy designed to achieve the best possible result, whether that is a dismissal, acquittal or favorable plea agreement.
Determined advocate defends people accused of felonies
If you’re facing a felony allegation, the stakes could not be higher. A conviction could cost you your freedom for an extended period of time, maybe even a lifetime. In these situations, it is essential to find a lawyer who has been tested in high-profile criminal litigation and won. I represent clients in felony matters such as:
- Homicide and crimes of violence — In Texas, murder is a capital felony and can be punished by life without parole or death. My experience on both sides of criminal ligation offers my clients a distinct advantage in court, enabling me to challenge the government in cases arising from a purported homicide or aggravated assault.
- Sex crimes — Sexual assault prosecutions are often highly emotional and frequently hinge on questions of consent. No matter how difficult the case might seem, I have the skill and background to unearth the truth.
- Drug crimes — Even the possession of a small amount of certain drugs can be a state jail felony, punishable by a sentence of up to two years. When distribution or manufacture is alleged, the prison term can be much longer. I develop a strong defense to confront questionable evidence and witnesses.
For any type of criminal defense case, my firm offers a free initial consultation and flexible payment arrangements to ensure that you get the help you need as soon as possible.
Knowledgeable adviser battles against misdemeanor charges
Being convicted of a misdemeanor might not lead to a long prison sentence, but a criminal record can threaten your ability to live and work as you wish. That is why I vigorously defend clients against misdemeanor charges including:
- Assault — An arrest for simple assault might be based on faulty information or a misinterpretation by the reporting police officer. My firm identifies each potential defense and presses for a fair resolution.
- Theft — Theft of items valued at less than $1,500 is a misdemeanor in Texas. If you have been charged with a theft-related offense, I will work tirelessly for fair charging and a favorable outcome.
- Drunk driving — Many drivers surrender their rights and plead guilty to DWI/DUI charges once a test shows that they were over the legal blood alcohol limit. This is often a mistake. I can review your situation and determine whether your case was tainted by an improper stop or faulty testing.
Obtaining qualified legal counsel immediately gives you the best chance at a positive result. Before you start speaking to the police, my firm can step in to safeguard your rights.
Contact an aggressive Texas criminal defense lawyer for a free initial consultation on your felony or misdemeanor charge
The Kernan Law Firm, P.C. represents clients throughout the Parker County area in state and federal criminal defense litigation. Please call 866-907-5364 or contact me online to schedule a free initial consultation at my Weatherford office.