The Defense Attorney To Choose After A DWI Arrest
In today’s highly mobile culture, your driver’s license is everything to you. That license gives you legal ability to get to your job and provide for your family; travel inside or outside the Lone Star State on vacation; and drive professionally as a salesperson, trucker or anyone else who uses motor vehicles for a living.
An arrest for drunk driving can bring that peaceful, profitable routine to a screeching halt. Suddenly, you’re facing jail time, heavy fines, suspension or revocation of your driver’s license, and an inconvenient dependence on public transportation, to get where you need to go.
Don’t surrender to this dark future. You can fight back, to keep your driving privileges — and experienced criminal defense and DWI/DUI defense attorney Deborah Kernan, founder of the Kernan Law Firm in Weatherford, will fight right alongside you.
Deborah knows about the many things that can go wrong at an arrest scene, to the detriment of the motorist. Bad weather, dangerous roads, a pre-existing medical condition or engine problems with a car or truck could mistakenly convince police that erratic driving is drunk driving. She carefully examines every report and explores every aspect of your case that could reflect positively on you.
The Lawyer You Want On Your Side After A DWI Arrest
Deborah Kernan is a skillful former prosecutor who uses her more than 25 years of experience to deliver these quality legal services:
- Investigation of law enforcement procedures at the arrest scene
- Using findings to push for reduced or dismissed charges
- Representation for ALR and administrative hearings
- Discrediting of blood-alcohol content registering on possibly malfunctioning breathalyzer equipment, and especially strenuous field sobriety exercises
- Provisional and CDL licenses for professional drivers
- Advocacy for restoration of driving privileges after a suspension or revocation
- Representation for cases of alcohol-related vehicular homicide and vehicular manslaughter
- Expungements of past drunk driving charges
Not only is Ms. Kernan’s career reputation beyond reproach — as a solo practitioner, she offers the accessibility to clients that larger, more impersonal law firms can’t. She insists on being available to address any late-breaking questions or sudden crises during the handling of your case. She knows how high the stakes are for you and rises to the occasion to tackle those challenges. When your case has concluded, you will know that your interests were fully protected.